Cranberry juice is my favorite seasonal drink of choice. It can be used for more than a Thanksgiving side dish, so I stock up while they are in season. Here is how I make cranberry juice.
12 oz. bag Fresh/frozen cranberries (if you can’t get fresh cranberries, use 100% our bottle juice)
Water – (The amount of water you add will be based on how tart you want your juice to be. I use 1 gallon of water for a 12 oz. bag of cranberries.)
Sugar, honey, or maple syrup to desired sweetness
To Make the cranberry juice
1. Remove any spoiled berries and rinse with water
2. Add berries and water to blender
3. Blend until all berries are pureed
4. Strain out the pulp using a strainer/sieve (I like to soak the pulp in water a second time and strain again)
5. To the concentrated juice, add water to taste, and sweeten
Benefits of Cranberry
They are rich in vitamin C and carotenoids, which is important for skin health, and they help prevent the body from free radical damage.
The seeds provide Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids
Cranberries are believed to help with oral and urinary tract health
Spruce Up Your Cranberry Juice
Use the concentrated juice to flavor your water
Add sparkling water and fruit for a fancy alcohol-free alternative
Add a squeeze of lemon/lime for a different flavor
I hope you found this post helpful. What is your favorite juice?