- This Policy explains the privacy practices of Sénica, LLC and its family of related companies (collectively, “Sénica”) and applies to your use of Sénica’ online products and services, including the Web sites that link to this Policy (collectively, the “Online Services”).
- This Policy covers how Sénica treats the personal information we collect and receive related to your use of our Online Services.
- When we refer to “personal information,” what we mean is any information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- Please understand that this Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Sénica does not own, control, employ, or manage.
- Minors – You must be at least 18 years old to register or subscribe for Sénica Online Services. If you are under the age of 18, you can use Sénica only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
- Sénica may collect personal information about you when you visit and use our Web sites, when you register or subscribe for and sign in to our Online Services, when you visit the Web sites of some Sénica’ partners, and when you submit comments, postings or other content to Sénica through its Web sites.
- Sénica may combine the information that we collect about you with information that we obtain from business partners or other sources.
- When you register or subscribe to our Online Services, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, mailing address (including country of residence), email address, telephone number, birth year, gender, occupation, and other personal interests. In addition, when you register or subscribe to our Online Services, we collect and store your IP address. Note, you are not anonymous to us when you sign in to our Online Services.
- Sénica may collect information about your transactions with us and our business partners through our Online Services.
- Furthermore, when you use our Online Services, we may receive and record information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Sénica’ cookie information, the type of software and hardware you are using, and the web page(s) you visit.
Sharing and Disclosing Information
- Sénica does not rent or sell personal information about you with third parties, however, we reserve the right to share the personal information we collect about you through our Online Services with third parties when we have your permission or under the circumstances described below. Of course, if you do not want us to share your information with non-affiliated companies, please let us know by visiting your User Profile, if you have created one on the Sénica e-store and changing your user preferences. You may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to “opt-out,” i.e., to elect to not have Sénica share information with non-affiliated companies.
- Sénica may use the data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested from us or through our Online Services.
- To provide personal information, when required by law, in connection with security-related or law enforcement investigations, to comply with legal requirements, orders, or proceedings, to perform credit checks, report or collect debts owed, or to protect the rights or property of Sénica, our employees, our subscribers, and our Online Services;
- To customize the content and provide targeted advertising for our Online Services and to improve our Online Services;
- To contact you with offers by Sénica and/or third parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Web sites and to estimate the total number of Internet users who visit our Web sites from certain countries or regions of the world;
- We may provide data to trusted partners who work on our behalf to communicate with you about offers from Sénica and our marketing partners;
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Sénica may use web beacons to access Sénica cookies in connection with our Online services.
- A web beacon is an electronic file stored in a web page that allows us to count visitors to our Web sites and to recognize users by accessing Sénica cookies which help us personalize your experience when you use our Online Services.
- Sénica may use web beacons to conduct research on behalf of our partners and for auditing purposes. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this research.
Your Account Information and Preferences
- Sénica respects your right to control how your personal information is used. Sénica may give you the opportunity to request communications from vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers. For more information about these opportunities, to unsubscribe from receiving Sénica services you previously requested, or to terminate your account, please visit your User Profile or contact us at email@example.com to unsubscribe. Communications sent out by Sénica via e-mail also include an unsubscribe link which allows you to remove yourself from our database.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Sénica Online Services or your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- Information about how to opt-out of receiving communications to which you are currently subscribed is included in every communication we send to you.
- If you request termination of your Sénica account, it is our practice to deactivate your account and block further email deliveries to you in approximately 30 days.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- Sénica takes reasonable security measures to protect your user information under our company’s control against loss, misuse, or alteration.
- Sénica may update this Policy from time to time. We will post any update(s) to this Policy on our Web sites. All update(s) will be effective immediately on posting.
- If we make any material changes in the way we treat personal information, we will notify you by sending a notice to the primary email address in your Sénica account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits the customers of Sénica who are California residents to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please write us at the address listed below, attention CA Privacy Rights.
P.O. Box 52062
New Orleans, LA 70152
Effective Date: April 1, 2010
Last Updated June 1, 2018