Have you ever noticed that food odors have a tendency to linger? Whether it be after a potluck, Thanksgiving gathering or other holiday affair, lingering odors can be stifling. On the other hand, a clean and beautiful aroma can positively impact the way you feel. That is why I would like to share with you 5 simple tips to nip those lingering odors in the bud.
- Crack a window, weather permitting – there is nothing like fresh air and sunshine to clear a stuffy room
- Clean surfaces with vinegar and water – equal parts of water and distilled white vinegar can be used on stove tops, counters, sinks and tables. Plus, vinegar absorbs odors.
- Fill an open jar/bowl with vinegar to absorb odors- Leave the container out overnight and you should notice a fresher smell. I like to use jam jars filled half way and keep them in specific areas year round. The vinegar works well in absorbing the odors.
- Make a citrus room spray – add a few drops of essential oils like lemon, orange and grapefruit to a bottle of water. Shake well and spray for a fresh smell.
- Burn a scented candle – Senica’s soy candles are a good option. The Lavender Mist soy candle has sweet orange creates a bright and uplifting environment and lavender essential oil soothes and creates a calming environment.
Well, these are my 5 tips. I hope you find them useful. Do you have any odor removing tips & tricks? I’d love to read your two cents.
Until Next Time… Be Well,
Ben.ar.dett, Creator of Sénica Skincare Products
Celebrating a Natural. Beautiful. You.